- Character and story – great character and narrative, one with out the other is simply not enough.
- Become an Expert – In the subject, understand the terms of reference. This will help to capture the subject when there more at ease. Have a good grounding with the story.
- Get close to you’re contributors – Observation documentary. Spending time to build up trust.
- The things you tell your friends – Keep the anecdotes in the film – the one that you would use to retell the story, embed them in the story your telling via media.
- Hold information, then reveal ! – Narrative in the editing process. What information to release at what point in your final film. Holding back information is very powerful. The element of surprise can make a documentary.
I found these tips so insightful !! I would never of thought to retell a story using media in the same kind of way that I would recall a story to my friends or family. To me just by using this key bit of information I feel that my work for this module and after it will be layered with a greater intensity of information, meaning and personal character.