Amber Elise Nicholls
Address : 35 King Richard Street
Coventry CV2 4FU
Mobile : 077855755010
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Address : St Francis, School Lane
Milstead, Kent. UK
Telephone : 0044(0)1795830328
I am a second year student studying Photography BA (Hons) at Coventry University with theoretical knowledge and practical experience in a range of photographic media with the intention of completing my PGCE teacher training after finishing my degree. Following this I am also intending to continue with my scuba diving career, working my through the PADI levels until becoming an instructor who also specialises in underwater photography and film making, to which aim I am a member of the British Society of Underwater Photography (BSoUP).
- September 2010 – Present Coventry University studying BA (Hons) Photography.
- 1996 – 2010 St Edmund’s School Canterbury, Kent.
- GCSE’S – Art & Design (3-D) design (A), Art & Design (Fine Art) (A), Biology (B), Design Technology RMT (B), Chemistry (C), Physics (C), Mathematics (C), Physical Education (C), English (C), English Literature (C).
- A-Levels – Photography (A*), Art (A), Art 3D Design (A), Biology (C).
- PADI – Open Water Diver
- I am proficient in the use of Windows and Apple Mac computer platforms using Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Dreamweaver and other Photographic software programs. I have gained excellent dark room skills and operate my own blog at https://ambernicholls.wordpress.com/ and on twitter at http://twitter.com/amberinio
- My portfolio can be found on my blog at https://ambernicholls.wordpress.com/ & also partly at my website – http://www.ambernichollsphotography.com
- 21st November 2011 – 8th January 2012 – General Assistant at West Orchards Food Court, Coventry. I was a member of a team that worked within a fast paced environment in order to service the high numbers of people visiting the food court during the Christmas period. I took on this role so that I could fund my studies into underwater photography externally from the University’s theoretical setting. This was achieved when I attained my PADI ‘Open Water’ diving course with Elite Diving in Sharm el Sheikh in January 2012.
- June 2010 – September 2010 – Posillipo Faversham, Kent – Restaurant & Bar Assistant.
- 2008 – 2010 Red Lion Pub Milstead, Kent – Restaurant, preparation chef and Bar Assistant.
- May 2008 – Work experience as Assistant Sports mistress at Ashford School for Girls.
- January 2012 – March 2012 – collaborated with Hereward Collage and the Herbert Gallery, to produce an exhibition titled, ‘Our autism in pictures’.
- December 2012 – Costcutter commercial work – Photographed the Christmas Community Event.
- March 2012 – Collaborated with my university colleagues to produce our first exhibition titled, ‘Picbod’, which was on show at Artspace basement, Covent.
- April – on-going – Still In the postproduction stages of the, Milstead Parish Committee country project.
To become a respected photography/art/design teacher, with the over all aim of becoming an underwater photographer employed by a world leading innovative organisation, with the aim of specialising in scientific research photography, and travel.
Very Good, maintain fitness through sport and gym activities.
Hobbies & Interests
I am Captain of Coventry University 1st XI Ladies Hockey team and was also Captain of St Edmunds School 1st XI and I represent several teams in Kent, I also play Tennis. I am an experienced horse rider and Carriage Driver. I enjoy reading and collect books that contain iconic photographic images that in some way indicate moments that have changed the world. Sub-Aqua photography and diving in general will become my main activity once I have completed my University Degree course.
- Upon request.