Address: 35, King Richard Street, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 4FU
I am a 2nd year student studying Photography BA (Hons) at Coventry University with theoretical knowledge and practical experience in a range of photographic media with the intention of specialising in underwater photography and film making, to which aim I am a member of the British Society of Underwater Photography (BSoUP) and attend regular meetings.
- I am proficient in the use of Windows and Apple Mac computer platforms coupled with Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- I am confident in my understanding of the use and manipulation of studio kit in order to attain the photographs that I have previsualised to capture.
- Good understanding of recent camera and photographic enhancements as well as the ability to switch between different equipment smoothly and with ease.
- September 2010 – Present Coventry University studying BA (Hons) Photography.
- I have to often understand the narrative behind the imagery I am viewing and make my own suggestions as to what is being portrayed within the frame.
- I am required to understand the linking aspects between historic paintings through to the current photography being produced reflecting today’s society.
- 1996 – 2010 St Edmund’s School Canterbury, Kent.
- GCSE’S – Art & Design (3-D) design (A), Art & Design (Fine Art) (A), Biology (B), Design Technology RMT (B), Chemistry (C), Physics (C), Mathematics (C), Physical Education (C),English (C), English Literature (C).
- A-Levels – Photography (A*), Art (A), Art 3D Design (A), Biology (C).
- June 2010 – September 2010 – Posillipo Faversham, Kent – Restaurant & Bar Assistant.
- 2008 – 2010 Red Lion Pub Milstead, Kent – Restaurant and Bar Assistant.
- May 2008 – Work experience as Assistant Sports mistress at Ashford School for Girls.
To become a respected underwater photographer employed by a world leading innovative organisation and travel.
Very Good, maintain fitness through sport and gym.
Hobbies & Interests
Currently I am the captain of the Coventry University Women’s 1st Team. Being in this position means that I have to organise the team, the transport and the controlling of the match fees so as to ensure that all parties get a fair deal. In addition to this, I was Captain of the school 1st XI Hockey team and I represent several teams in Kent and Coventry, I also play Tennis. I am an experienced horse rider and Carriage Driver. I enjoy reading and in particular collect books that contain iconic images that in some way indicate moments that have changed the world in which we live for ever. I am a member of Coventry University Hockey Society and Shepway Harness Club.
Mr J Dagley MA
(Graduate Careers Master)
St Edmund’s School
St Thomas’ School
Kent CT2 8HU
Tel: 01227 475600